Rodent Traps Aren't Always The Most Effective In Orange County, CA
Rodents are one of the worst pests because they are common, reproduce quickly, and can transmit many illnesses. If rodents have invaded your property, it is time to learn to identify a rodent infestation, discover five tips for effective rodent prevention, and understand why rodent traps are usually insufficient.
If you are struggling with a rodent infestation, The Termite Guy provides pest control in Orange County that you can rely on to eliminate these pests for good.
How To Identify A Rodent Infestation
There are many ways to identify a rodent infestation. For example, you might see a few rodents around your property. Still, even just a couple can indicate a full-on infestation because these little invaders often shy away from human activity. Seeing them in broad daylight can mean many more hidden behind walls, in attics, and other areas. You might also notice feces scattered around your home. Rat droppings are shiny and black, while mouse droppings are duller with pointed ends. Squirrel droppings, on the other hand, have rounded edges. And finally, you will probably see various holes chewed through walls and other areas that provide rodent entry points.
If you have seen any of these signs of a rodent infestation, it is time to try these five tips to effectively deter different kinds of rodents.
Five Tips For Effective Rodent Prevention
These five tips for effective rodent prevention can help keep these pesky pests at bay:
- Put food sources away: Avoid feeding rodents by storing food in tightly closed containers. Regularly inspect them for signs of damage.
- Keep surfaces clean: Disinfect surfaces such as kitchen counters, and vacuum and mop floors often; this is especially important in areas where food is prepared or eaten.
- Keep trash out of the house: Trash attracts pests. Take the trash out regularly, and keep garbage cans as far away from the house as possible.
- Declutter attics and basements: Crowded basements and attics are the perfect hiding spot for rodents who can quickly start building nests.
- Schedule regular home inspections: It can be challenging to spot an infestation when it has just started. Licensed technicians can determine if rodents are becoming an issue in your home.
Using traps might tempt you if rodents are still coming into your home despite your best efforts. Read on to understand why they are not enough to eliminate an infestation.
Why Rodent Traps Aren't Enough To Get Rid Of An Infestation
Rodent traps are not enough to eliminate an infestation for a variety of reasons:
- Rodents quickly learn to avoid them.
- Smaller rodents can manage to get food out without triggering the mechanism.
- Rodent traps can attract other pets by providing them with a food source.
- Even several traps can't take care of an entire infestation.
Eliminating a rodent infestation takes more than just setting a few traps out. The best way to get rid of rodents is to contact a professional home pest control company.
What's The Best Way To Get Rid Of Rodents?
The best way to eliminate rodents is to have a professional pest control company take care of the issue for you. Rodents can contaminate your food with bacteria and can sometimes be aggressive. They can also cause significant property damage.
At The Termite Guy, we are proud to offer rodent control in Orange County to help keep your property safe and free of pests like rodents and other invaders. Contact us today to schedule a home inspection, and we offer free estimates and will find a solution that suits your unique needs and situation.
Rodents are unsanitary animals that should not be in your home. Our licensed technicians have extensive experience with various Southern California rodents and can help eliminate your infestation safely.
What Our Customers Are Saying
"I use the Termite Guy all of the time for my escrow inspections. As a real estate professional I need a company I can rely on. They do a great job and are extremely reliable and responsive. They're a definite part of my team."
"I had a wonderful experience with the Termite Guy. They were on time, clean and careful. Before my fumigation, I had 2 broken tiles and after the fumigation there were only 5 broken, all of which were replaced. They also primed and painted my facia that need repair. Wonderful terminte company and Trina was so easy and pleasant and accommodating."
"Termite Guy is an excellent company! From start to finish..they take care of business! From the initial call to inspect, administration, inspectors, workmanship and pricing they get the job done in a timely and efficient manner! Go Termite Guy!!"